|STATUS:||CLOSES AT 5PM FRIDAY 13th September 2019|
We’re looking for a part-time Content Editor to join our fast-growing Central Coast based Marketing Organisation.
We are looking for a Central Coast-based person and think it would suit, amongst others:
- a freelance copywriter or editor looking for stable work and some human interaction!
- a newspaper/ magazine editor/ aspiring editor looking to maintain or hone those skills by being in charge of writers and a huge amount of content output.
We’re a Central Coast and Sydney-based marketing organisation specialising in doing business-to-business marketing for IT, Finance and Professional Services companies all over Australia.
We’ve recently undergone significant growth and are looking for talented people to help keep us ahead of schedule on work for our highly valued customers.
You’ll start on a permanent part-time working a small number of regular hours per week during a short trial period.
You’ll be thrown in at the deep-end - being quickly put on the phone with subject matter experts at our customers and their customers. You’ll conduct interviews and produce written briefs for content that we pride ourselves on being the best in the industry at producing.
To keep you in practice, you’ll produce regular pieces of content yourself ranging from high quality blogs through to video scripts, whitepapers, brochures and more. A key part of your job will be as Editor-in-Chief for the content produced – taking responsibility for what is published and, most importantly, making sure that it aligns with our customers’ business strategies.
Another important aspect of the role will be to diligently capture learnings from those pieces of content that internally, we feel aren’t ready to go to customers – ensuring that we’re continually striving for improvement throughout the content creation process.
This is not a job that someone could do if they didn’t enjoy creating content. You’ll need to take genuine enjoyment in the process of finding an angle, no matter how dry the subject matter, and creating a cohesive, flowing narrative.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The core things you MUST have are:
- Ability to write, and enjoy writing, content: You understand that you can’t edit and provide feedback on content if you can’t write it yourself. Knowledge of SEO writing is a plus. Experience across a diverse range of content formats (blogs, video scrips, product brochures, whitepapers, interviews etc) is a plus. This role lives/ breathes content, so you’ll need to enjoy this type of work.
- Can work efficiently: Good content is delivered on-time and on-budget. You understand how easy it is to over-deliver on content without actually impressing a customer anymore than if you’d spent half the amount of time but focussed on the right things.
- Know quality: You understand that efficiency and quality don’t need to be mutually exclusive if there is a well-defined briefing and review process. You set high quality standards and demand them of your teammates.
Other things include:
- Having a good business brain
- Personability – we’re looking for someone fun that we can enjoy spending time with
- Professional – you take pride in your work and recognise how important your role is in providing the best outputs to our customers.
- Confidence to be able to say, “I don’t know how to do that”.
- Ability to manage and coordinate amongst our small team of writers.
In addition to the above, we want someone that can demonstrate Mogrify’s core values in their personal and professional life:
- Be Honest – if you make a mistake, you own up and wear the consequences understanding that it’s all part of a learning experience. If someone else is in the wrong, you’re honest enough to tell them. Understand that there’s such a thing as positive/ constructive conflict.
- Be Accountable – You don’t shirk ownership – if you start something, even if others are inputting, you’ll make sure you own it and, ultimately, finish it.
- Be Commercial – there are other business considerations that our clients are weighing up the whole time that will often take precedence over their marketing. You appreciate this, try to understand it from a commercial point of view, and don’t take it to heart!
- Take initiative – you don’t just tick boxes, you strive to understand how your task fits in to the bigger picture and look for opportunities to improve the result for everyone, not just yourself.
- Question it – you are interested in ‘why?’. It’s not enough for you to just be told something is the case by an ‘expert’, you want to know how they drew their conclusions.
- Think ‘Team First’ – We define Team as internal Mogrify people, suppliers and people at our customers. You understand that in a team environment, everyone is working for each other.
INTERESTED? HERE’S WHAT TO DO:
- Drop an email through to the Mogrify Team, cc’ing email@example.com
- Include your CV and a covering note telling us quickly about yourself, why you’re interested in the role, and 2 or three bullet points demonstrating your credentials in the key aspects of the role.
- If you want to send through an example of your written work to support then feel free!
- Hold fast for a call-back!
Thanks for reading and we look forward to hearing from you!
The Mogrify Team