|ROLE:||Senior Marketing Manager|
We’re looking for an intelligent, sociable and experienced part-time (3 days per week) Senior Marketer to join our fast-growing Central Coast-based Marketing Organisation. This is a step-up role for a strategically minded and experienced marketing manager who is looking to take on more responsibility and move in to a leadership role.
We are looking for a Central Coast-based person and think it would suit, amongst others:
- a parent looking to properly re-establish themselves in to long term work
- a Marketing Manager who is doing way more than their current job description suggests – behaving more like a CMO.
- Someone whose role makes them responsible for marketing support or leadership for a network of organisations such as franchisees, partners or professional community
- a marketing manager at an IT, professional services or finance company
- someone currently commuting to Sydney from the Central Coast who wants to reclaim hundreds of hours a year for themselves by not having to travel!
We’re a Central Coast and Sydney-based marketing organisation specialising in doing business-to-business marketing for Technology companies all over Australia.
We’ve recently undergone significant growth and are looking for talented people to help keep us ahead of schedule on work for our highly valued customers.
You’ll start on a permanent part-time basis working 3 days a week depending on your availability.
You’ll quickly be introduced to senior people at our customers and take an active role in the strategic relationship with them – advising on how they should direct marketing spend, within the framework of our delivery model, to maximise the effectiveness of their marketing’s contribution to their business’ goals. You’ll do this under the guidance of one of our directors and other people in our team to get you up to speed.
You’ll need to be comfortable with technical and, (sometimes!) dry, subject matter – our customers are in technical industries such as IT, Finance, Legal and Accounting.
Basically, this is a role where you are going to be thrown in the deep-end and we need someone that thrives in an environment of being kept busy and given responsibility. You’ll need to develop gravitas with our customers and your opinion will matter to them. You must know what the difference between Strategic and Tactical thinking is and be fine with both.
You should have a solid working knowledge of the different specialist knowledge sets involved in marketing, even if you haven’t practiced them all yourself. These include; Marketing strategy, Project Management, campaign management, Social Media, Websites, SEO, Design, Content marketing, Inbound marketing, Marketing automation and Marketing technology.
The primary part of your role will involve four elements:
- Planning out customer marketing strategies
- Doing delivery of those strategies by executing the tactical components such as interviewing, writing briefs, final editing of our team’s work, presenting to customers, managing media spend, directing social media activity, telemarketing scripts, event coordination and working with our fantastic marketing coordinators to support you in that work
- Accountability for day-to-day customer relationships
- Growing and retaining Mogrify’s customer base through our own marketing activities
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The core things you MUST have are:
- Ability to establish yourself as a trusted partner: We believe that good marketing lies at the heart of all good business. Whilst we’re marketers, Mogrify prides itself on being commercially-savvy and understanding business. We, and our customers, need someone that is not intimidated by a customers’ job title and can talk in non-marketing language to them.
- An ability to do the actual work: Whilst you will plan out strategies and manage the strategic relationship, most of this job is about actually doing the work - we’re a small team and getting stuff done is paramount. If you’re happiest when you’re getting your hands dirty executing on work you’ve planned out, then this role is for you.
- Social skills: We want to have banter with each other and enjoy each other’s company – if you’re not afraid to tell a funny story from time to time then you’ll fit in just fine!
In addition to the above, we want someone that can demonstrate Mogrify’s core values in their personal and professional life:
- Be Honest – if you make a mistake, you own up and wear the consequences understanding that it’s all part of a learning experience. If someone else is in the wrong, you’re honest enough to tell them. Understand that there’s such a thing as positive/ constructive conflict.
- Be Accountable – You don’t shirk ownership – if you start something, even if others are inputting, you’ll make sure you own it and, ultimately, finish it.
- Be Commercial – there are other business considerations that our clients are weighing up the whole time that will often take precedence over their marketing. You appreciate this, try to understand it from a commercial point of view, and don’t take it to heart!
- Take initiative – you don’t just tick boxes, you strive to understand how your task fits in to the bigger picture and look for opportunities to improve the result for everyone, not just yourself.
- Question it – you are interested in ‘why?’. It’s not enough for you to just be told something is the case by an ‘expert’, you want to know how they drew their conclusions.
- Think ‘Team First’ – We define Team as internal Mogrify people, suppliers and people at our customers. You understand that in a team environment, everyone is working for each other.
INTERESTED? HERE’S WHAT TO DO:
- Drop an email through to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your CV and a covering note telling us quickly about yourself, why you’re interested in the role, and a few bullet points demonstrating your credentials or capacity to learn key aspects of the role.
- If you want to send through any examples of work to support, then feel free!
- We’ll be in touch thereafter.
Thanks for reading and we look forward to hearing from you!
The Mogrify Team