ROLE: Content Manager at Mogrify
START: April 2019
We’re looking for an intelligent, sociable and experienced part-time (2-3 days per week) Content Manager to join our fast-growing Central Coast-based Marketing Organisation. There is the potential for the role to expand to more days further down the line. This is a step-up role for a strategically minded and experienced content expert, ideally with SEO expertise, who is looking for a new direction and challenge that relies on, draws from and builds on, their existing skills.
We are looking for a Central Coast-based person and think it would suit, amongst others:
- an SEO content strategist with content writing expertise
- a copywriter looking for more regular and reliable work that gets them out of the house and into a fun office environment
- a parent looking to properly re-establish themselves in to long term work
- an IT, professional services or finance professional with a natural and proven interest in content production.
We’re a Central Coast and Sydney-based marketing organisation specialising in doing business-to-business marketing for Technology, Finance and Professional Services companies all over Australia.
We’ve recently undergone significant growth and are looking for talented people to help keep us ahead of schedule on work for our highly valued customers.
You’ll start on a permanent part-time working regular hours per week during a short trial period.
You’ll be thrown in at the deep-end - being quickly put on the phone with subject matter experts at our customers and their customers. You’ll conduct interviews and produce written briefs for content that we pride ourselves on being the best in the industry at producing.
To keep you in practice, you’ll produce regular pieces of content yourself ranging from high quality blogs through to video scripts, whitepapers, brochures and more. A key part of your job will be as an Editor for the content produced – taking responsibility for what is published and, most importantly, making sure that it aligns with our customers’ business strategies. You must have a commercial mindset for this role – it’s not enough that you can just write content – we need someone that can get their heads in to the business pains and challenges that our customers are solving.
Another important aspect of the role will be to diligently capture learnings from those pieces of content that internally, we feel aren’t ready to go to customers – ensuring that we’re continually striving for improvement throughout the content creation process.
This is not a job that someone could do if they didn’t enjoy creating content. You’ll need to take genuine enjoyment (or at least meditative pleasure!) in the process of finding an angle, no matter how dry the subject matter, and creating a cohesive, flowing narrative.
Finally, the role will feed in to our Senior Marketing Manager Team – we want someone that can take on relationships with our customers and generate strategically relevant ideas using keyword research in tools such as SEM Rush.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The core things you MUST have are:
- Ability to establish yourself as a trusted partner: We believe that good marketing lies at the heart of all good business. Whilst we’re marketers, Mogrify prides itself on being commercially-savvy and understanding business. We, and our customers, need someone that is not intimidated by a customers’ job title and can talk in non-marketing language to them.
- An ability to get work done: This role is primarily about delivering first class, searchable content, both yourself and via briefing and editing others’ work. You’ll need to have the disposition to shut yourself out and crack through a list of content work. You’ll need to be able to look at others’ content and pick the holes in it quickly.
- Social skills: We want to have banter with each other and enjoy each other’s company – if you’re not afraid to tell a funny story from time to time then you’ll fit in just fine!
In addition to the above, we want someone that can demonstrate Mogrify’s core values in their personal and professional life:
- Be Honest – if you make a mistake, you own up and wear the consequences understanding that it’s all part of a learning experience. If someone else is in the wrong, you’re honest enough to tell them. Understand that there’s such a thing as positive/ constructive conflict.
- Be Accountable – You don’t shirk ownership – if you start something, even if others are inputting, you’ll make sure you own it and, ultimately, finish it.
- Be Commercial – there are other business considerations that our clients are weighing up the whole time that will often take precedence over their marketing. You appreciate this, try to understand it from a commercial point of view, and don’t take it to heart!
- Take initiative – you don’t just tick boxes, you strive to understand how your task fits in to the bigger picture and look for opportunities to improve the result for everyone, not just yourself.
- Question it – you are interested in ‘why?’. It’s not enough for you to just be told something is the case by an ‘expert’, you want to know how they drew their conclusions.
- Think ‘Team First’ – We define Team as both internal Mogrify people and people at our customers. You understand that in a team environment, everyone is working for each other.
INTERESTED? HERE’S WHAT TO DO:
- Drop an email through to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your CV and a covering note telling us quickly about yourself, why you’re interested in the role, and a few bullet points demonstrating your credentials or capacity to learn key aspects of the role.
- If you want to send through any examples of work to support, then feel free!
- We’ll be in touch thereafter.
Thanks for reading and we look forward to hearing from you!
The Mogrify Team