|ROLE:||Senior Content Editor at Mogrify|
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
This role would be perfect any experienced person looking for a varied and challenging part-time role on the Central Coast. We are looking for:
- Someone with a genuine enjoyment for reading and writing.
- Someone able to create first-class written content.
- Someone that enjoys working in a small team.
- Someone that has experience interviewing subject matter experts in technical fields such as Finance, IT and Professional Services.
- Someone who is intelligent and incisive enough to ask the right questions, and who can quickly distil what is being said in to marketable, comprehensible language.
- Someone that is confident enough during calls to cut across people that have gone off on a tangent and pull them back to the topic.
- Someone that can work to tight time targets.
- Someone that can quickly assimilate in to our professional brand and can project that in conversation with our highly valued customers.
- Someone that is confident enough to say, ‘I don’t know how to do that.’ We absolutely don’t want someone that exaggerates their abilities in this role.
- Someone that appreciates that the role we’re describing is a lot more difficult to do than it is possible to articulate in this job description.
We’re a Central Coast and Sydney-based marketing organisation specialising in doing business-to-business marketing for IT, Finance and Professional Services companies all over Australia.
We’ve recently undergone significant growth and are looking for talented people to help keep us ahead of schedule on work for our highly valued customers.
You’ll start on a permanent part-time working a small number of regular hours per week during a short trial period.
You’ll be thrown in at the deep-end - being quickly put on the phone with subject matter experts at our customers and their customers. You’ll conduct interviews and produce written briefs for content that we pride ourselves on being the best in the industry at producing.
To keep you in practice, you’ll produce regular pieces of content yourself ranging from high quality blogs through to video scripts, whitepapers, brochures and more. A key part of your job will be as Editor-in-Chief for the content produced – taking responsibility for what is published and, most importantly, making sure that it aligns with our customers’ business strategies.
Another important aspect of the role will be to diligently capture learnings from those pieces of content that internally, we feel aren’t ready to go to customers – ensuring that we’re continually striving for improvement throughout the content creation process.
This is not a job that someone could do if they didn’t enjoy creating content. You’ll need to take genuine enjoyment in the process of finding an angle, no matter how dry the subject matter, and creating a cohesive, flowing narrative.
INTERESTED? HERE’S WHAT TO DO:
- Drop an email through to the Mogrify Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your CV and a covering note telling us quickly about yourself, why you’re interested in the role, and 2 or three bullet points demonstrating your credentials in the key aspects of the role.
- If you want to send through an example of your written work to support then feel free!
- Hold fast for a call-back!