|ROLE:||Senior Technical Marketing Manager|
|TYPE:||Part-time or Full-time|
We’re looking for an strategic, sociable and experienced part-time (3-4 days per week) Senior Marketer to join our fast-growing Central Coast-based Marketing Organisation. There is the potential to discuss full-time work, however please make clear in your application if you can only consider a full-time role. This is a step-up role for a strategically minded and experienced marketing manager who is looking to take on more responsibility and move in to a leadership role.
We are looking for a Central Coast-based person and think it would suit, amongst others:
- a parent looking to properly re-establish themselves in to long term work
- a person with significant account/ campaign management experience in an Agency
- a marketing manager at an IT, professional services or finance company
We’re a Central Coast and Sydney-based marketing organisation specialising in doing business-to-business marketing for Technology companies all over Australia.
We’ve recently undergone significant growth and are looking for talented people to help keep us ahead of schedule on work for our highly valued customers.
You’ll start on a permanent part-time basis working 3-4 days a week depending on your availability.
You’ll quickly be introduced to senior people at our customers and take an active role in the strategic relationship with them – advising on how they should direct marketing spend to maximise the effectiveness of their marketing’s contribution to their business’ goals. You’ll do this under the guidance of one of our directors and other senior people in our team to get you up to speed.
You’ll need to be comfortable with technical and, (sometimes!) dry, subject matter – our customers are in technical industries such as IT, Finance, Legal and Accounting.
Basically, this is a role where you are going to be thrown in the deep-end and we need someone that thrives in an environment of being kept busy and given responsibility. You’ll develop gravitas with our customers and your opinion will matter to them.
You should have a solid working knowledge of the different specialist knowledge sets involved in marketing, even if you haven’t practised them all yourself. These include:
- Marketing strategy
- Project Management, campaign management
- Social Media, Websites, SEO and other digital marketing disciplines
- Content marketing
- Inbound marketing
- Marketing automation
- Marketing technology
The primary part of your role will involve four elements:
- Accountability for day-to-day customer relationships and strategy
- Doing client delivery (interviewing, writing briefs, final editing of the team’s work, presenting to customers)
- Accountability for overall ‘Client Delivery’ from the whole team
- Growing and retaining Mogrify’s customer base through managing our own marketing activities
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The core things you MUST have are:
- Ability to establish yourself as a trusted partner: We believe that good marketing lies at the heart of all good business. Whilst we’re marketers, Mogrify prides itself on being commercially-savvy and understanding business. We, and our customers, need someone that is not intimidated by a customers’ job title and can talk in non-marketing language to them.
- An ability to get work done: This role has overall accountability for Client Delivery, which doesn’t mean that you delegate everything! You’ll need to muck-in and drive projects forward where they’re stalling.
- Social skills: We want to have banter with each other and enjoy each other’s company – if you’re not afraid to tell a funny story from time to time then you’ll fit in just fine!
In addition to the above, we want someone that can demonstrate Mogrify’s core values in their personal and professional life:
- Be Honest – if you make a mistake, you own up and wear the consequences understanding that it’s all part of a learning experience. If someone else is in the wrong, you’re honest enough to tell them. Understand that there’s such a thing as positive/ constructive conflict.
- Be Accountable – You don’t shirk ownership – if you start something, even if others are inputting, you’ll make sure you own it and, ultimately, finish it.
- Be Commercial – there are other business considerations that our clients are weighing up the whole time that will often take precedence over their marketing. You appreciate this, try to understand it from a commercial point of view, and don’t take it to heart!
- Take initiative – you don’t just tick boxes, you strive to understand how your task fits in to the bigger picture and look for opportunities to improve the result for everyone, not just yourself.
- Question it – you are interested in ‘why?’. It’s not enough for you to just be told something is the case by an ‘expert’, you want to know how they drew their conclusions.
- Think ‘Team First’ – We define Team as both internal Mogrify people and people at our customers. You understand that in a team environment, everyone is working for each other.
INTERESTED? HERE’S WHAT TO DO:
- Drop an email through to email@example.com or click on the below link
- Include your CV and a covering note telling us quickly about yourself, why you’re interested in the role, and a few bullet points demonstrating your credentials or capacity to learn key aspects of the role.
- If you want to send through any examples of work to support, then feel free!
- We’ll be in touch thereafter.
Thanks for reading and we look forward to hearing from you!
The Mogrify Team